12 May 2007

Meetings, Camping, Jamming, Working, Resting

One week ago, I was questioning whether I was trying to do too much. Now I've realized I've achieved so much in just one week! As much as it's Saturday night now and I feel like the week has just zoomed by me, when I really take a moment and go through my Moleskin Planner to see my notes of who I have to meet, what I have to do, etc. it makes me realize how much has really happened!

  • Sunday, 6 May 2007: My special lady friend and I met up with my old Fluid co-workers and headed over to Tai Po to go cycling in the afternoon. It was such a perfect day to go cycling I tell you, the sky was blue, the air felt fresh and I was live and kicking and up for letting the wind hit my face and inspire me. It felt so good just cycling with no real destination, with no real goal or anything chasing me. I even thought about coming back here one morning just to cycle on my own, just to see how far I can go and explore the are on wheels. Following cycling, we went bowling! Two games of bowling and it was already 7pm at which time I was quite exhausted myself and so left the gang (who were about to play some snooker/pool).
  • Monday, 7 May 2007: I went over to Hong Kong's Cyberport to visit a company named Outblaze. I got to speak to Mr. Yusuf Goolamabbas as well as some other people there. It really was kind of an interview for a full-time job but I also went because I wanted to learn more about the company, after all, I wasn't looking for a full-time job, not right now at least. It was fascinating, especially since I got to give myself an excuse to visit Cyberport after a two year (I think?) gap. Speaking of full-time jobs, Outblaze is still looking for talented people to join their team. They're looking for people with Flash/Actionscript/Javscript skills. If you're interested, send an email to yusufg AT outblaze DOTcom (replace AT with @ and DOT with .) Anyways, after that, I got in touch with Arthur(from Brown Note Rechords) and scheduled a jam session with him on the coming Wednesday, ooh, it was time to get my beatboxing back in action (note to all beatboxers who read this, I'm not that good, but I'm good enough).
  • Tuesday, 8 May 2007: I started off my day with my weekly computer lesson with a twelve year old. It's fun sharing things with him especially because he's interested in similar things that I am (namely, short-cut keys :P, yes, you read that right). I took him down to Central after the lesson to meet up with his Dad who's been helping me understand a lot more about my funds and options I have when it comes to money. So much to learn! The more I learn the more I get confused! It's exciting but at the same time daunting. I met up with a friend who I worked with on a project before for lunch, oddly enough I was stuffed from the Turkey sandwich I ate earlier on, so I ended up eating maybe 2 - 3 helpings of my lunch, which kind of sucked. On a brighter note, I had a really good chat at least :). And in came the night and boy oh boy was I excited, I was going camping (in a tent!) with my friend Bun! He'd been after me to go wild-camping with him for a while and now that I am more flexible and in control of my time, I figured I might as well. Woah, it was lovely!! I don't know where to start! I know, I know, I really should just upload the photos, but ahh, I'll add that to my GTD list. It's not urgent nor important, so it'll be on my someday/maybe list for now. Going back to the camp, it was wonderful!! We went up a hill in Mui Wo and camped out and got to see the sunrise and then headed down the other side of the mountain into Discovery Bay after which we went home. That sure as heck was an experience I won't forgot :P
  • Wednesday, 9 May 2007: I got home with Bun at around 10am and just took a break before I re-visited my uncle (ie. the kid's Dad who I met on Tuesday) to go through some IPO (Initial Public Offering) forms and later met up with Arthur to jam. We recorded what we did and I'll be meeting him someday to pick up the stuff :P I met up with Belle Liu to talk about some stuff we're working on together.
  • Thursday, 10 May 2007: I met up with my old Fluid co-workers for a friendly lunch together and hear them talk about how things are going on with them at work as well as at home. It's quite fun hearing what's still going on in general even though I've left, because I can still understand what they're talking about and who they're talking about :). After that, more people to meet and discuss potential projects. It's lovely, I love meeting with potential clients directly because I can give them my opinion on what they're trying to achieve. I love hearing what they want to do and see if there's anything I can add value to. I have a feeling I had to meet some other people after that, I don't remember.
  • Friday, 11 May 2007: From what I remember, I woke up late which screwed everything up for me. I started working on one of my freelance projects and really got into the zone but had to stop it because I had to go jamming with my band at around 2pm. I don't like scheduling non-work related stuff during the day time because it breaks my whole work-flow, like I lose the whole work-mood as well. I remember meeting my Aunt that night and coming home feeling all empty because I felt like I hadn't accomplished what I wanted to accomplish. I was actually quite tired and at around 11pm, my girlfriend called me to ask if I'd like to come out for drinks. Oddly, I actually had told myself that I wouldn't go if she asked me before she even called simply because I was quite tired and half awake. But when she asked me, and said she would be alone, everything changed, especially since it's a whole different ballgame when you're on the phone being requested to pleasure someone with your company. I got changed and got out. In a way it was fun because I felt like I was in total control of my life, if I wanted to go out, I would. When I was about to get out, I realized it was already 11:20pm! The woman has to take the ferry at 12:30am which meant by the time I even met her, I'd have a little under and hour to hang out. But anyways, I really did want to see her so in its own way it was well worth it :) It became a late night which meant.....
  • Saturday, 12 May 2007: ... I overslept. Damn. I woke up at 11am (who would have thought that there would be a day when I'd wake up at 11am and consider that very late! But I have to admit, it does have an impact. When I oversleep, I can't really do my own daily routine stuff before I feel guilty not having started to get my work done. I lose focus because I keep thinking about my own stuff I want to do, and at the same time feel guilty for not being focused. I eventually caved and just did my own stuff till 3pm at which time I began working on a project I have now. At around 7pm, I called it quits and headed to the gym to get a lovely Saturday night work-out. I love it on Saturday nights because the gym is almost dead empty probably because everyone else is out partying but hey, I love the peacefulness and knowing I don't have to fight for machines with someone else :) And after all that, here I am on a Saturday night, trying to finish up my GTD list of to-do's as much as possible.
In a way, I still don't feel convinced I made the most of my week, but at the same time, I guess this entry proves me wrong :P I wonder where I'll be this time next week. Oohhh, the mystery....



Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home